Here is your April/May 2020 edition of the Reynolds-Hanafin-Cooley Branch of Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann newsletter.
February in Clare 2020
April/May2020 CCÉ Boston Newsletter [PDF] (printable)
Some Highlights from our Current Newsletter
Globally, the response to the pandemic has been of change and adapting. Our newsletter is no exception. Notices about live dances, music sessions and fundraisers have been replaced in our newsletter with virtual opportunities. But the bulk of this newsletter includes the reflections, thoughts, resources and even the words of a song submitted by branch officers and board members offered in support of and in gratitude for you, our members.
The next newsletter will be the “Summer Edition” and we invite you, our members, to share your stories with us. Found a great music/dance resource? Heard from a old friend of CCE? Let us know by emailing Barbara Davis at email@example.com
CCÉ Branch Facebook Page
Stay connected with us on the Reynolds, Hanafin, Cooley Branch on Facebook page. Click the “Like” button so you don’t miss anything.
If you’re not already a member, you might also be interested in joining our long-standing CCÉ Boston Music School Facebook group.
- The Comhaltas website has music and video archive
- Clare FM – The West Wind. Listen live Monday to Friday 2 to 4 pm Boston time
- www.clare.fm ~ listen back to recordings
- TG4 Irish television channel www.tg4.ie has a terrific archive of music programs. The website can be switched to English at the top right hand corner of the page. Recommended ~ watch programs such as Gradam Ceoil TG4, Tradfest TG4, Sé Mo Laoch, Geantraí, Hup and many more.
Check occasionally for virtual events at these locations:
- The Canadian American Club – the site of our branch Irish set dancing workshops and our regular semi-monthly Irish Seisiun/ceilI
- the Irish Cultural Centre in Canton – Be sure to visit www.irishculture.org ~ the Irish Cultural Center website to check out all the happenings and events.
- Irish Massachusetts – visit www.irishmassachusetts.com to catch a full round-up of fall concerts and events . . . the official site of (BITA) Boston Irish Tourism Association.
- Somerville Irish Music Meetup – learn and practice Irish Session Tunes, and to listen to Irish Music
- The Burren sessions and Backroom events in Somerville
- Even more links . .
Get our Newsletter delivered to your InBox as soon as it is available; sign up for membership here.