Here is your Fall 2020 edition of the Reynolds-Hanafin-Cooley Branch of Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann newsletter.
FALL2020 CCÉ Boston Newsletter [PDF] (printable)
Some Highlights from our Current Newsletter
In a nod to the influence of the academic world, the fall is generally considered a time for new beginnings or renewals. Energized by down time in the summer, there is excitement at the thought of a new school year and the anticipation that this year will be better. Or that’s what I always told myself. For us at RHC CCE, the fall is a time to renew our membership as an act of recommitting ourselves to preserving and promoting the world of Trad. In spite of the lack of activities, we ask that you look beyond the present to a time when our health is not threatened by social gatherings and we can meet again and celebrate life with music, song, dance and language.
It’s membership time!
The Larry Reynolds Memorial Scholarship is now open to branch members under the age of 21 years. Check your eligibility, download the application and apply online by clicking on cceboston.org/scholarships/.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is being held on Sunday, October 25th at 2:00 P.M. All are invited. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for a link to the meeting.
News From Our Virtual Music School
Virtual School registration expected to occur from October 18th through October 28th with classes beginning November 14th. Check school website at Boston Comhaltas Music School for updates.
- Online Irish History classes are once again coming to our devices beginning Oct 8th with Courses on Armagh and the Island of Saints & Scholars. Details below.
Virtual or Online Community Events
Access the resources on The Seamus Connolly Collection of irish Music here on this link connollymusiccollection.bc.edu
Details Inside the newsletter and on their website
Virtual Fundraiser for the Canadian American Club on Nov. 15th ~ 2 p.m. Details to follow.
Connect with us…keep in touch
- Share your email with us to receive periodic notices, most of them virtual. Complete the contact form here
- Connect with us on our Boston Comhaltas Facebook page.
- If you’re not already a member, you might also be interested in joining our long-standing CCÉ Boston Music School Facebook group.
- We’re also on Twitter! Follow us there @ccebostonorg.
Online Trad Resouces
- The Comhaltas website has music and video archive
- Clare FM – The West Wind. Listen live Monday to Friday 2 to 4 pm Boston time
- www.clare.fm ~ listen back to recordings
- TG4 Irish television channel www.tg4.ie has a terrific archive of music programs. The website can be switched to English at the top right hand corner of the page. Recommended ~ watch programs such as Gradam Ceoil TG4, Tradfest TG4, Sé Mo Laoch, Geantraí, Hup and many more.
Check occasionally for virtual and otherwise safe events at these locations:
- The Canadian American Club – the site of our branch Irish set dancing workshops and our regular semi-monthly Irish Seisiun/ceilI
- the Irish Cultural Centre in Canton – Be sure to visit www.irishculture.org ~ the Irish Cultural Center website to check out all the happenings and events.
- Irish Massachusetts – visit www.irishmassachusetts.com to catch a full round-up of fall concerts and events . . . the official site of (BITA) Boston Irish Tourism Association.
- Somerville Irish Music Meetup – learn and practice Irish Session Tunes, and to listen to Irish Music
- The Burren sessions and Backroom events in Somerville
- Even more links . .
Get our Newsletter delivered to your InBox as soon as it is available; sign up for membership here.