Are You a Musician or Music Student?
Are you a musician? Maybe you are learning a new musical instrument – possibly even at our Boston CCE Music School, which starts up again in September. The following suggestions may help make your practice sessions more enjoyable.
NPR Article Offers Music Practice Tips
Music Practice Tips – Link to Original Article
Here are the highlights, but be sure to check out the full NPR article; it is full of ideas to help inspire you or to help your child enjoy more rewarding practice sessions.
- Find somewhere quiet.
- Have your supplies nearby.
- Technology can be an amazing aid.
- Begin with the end in mind: Have a goal for each practice session before you start playing.
- Map a practice session out like a workout.
- Practice smarter, not necessarily longer.
- Don’t always start at the beginning every time.
- Challenge yourself — physically.
- Practice away from your instrument.
- Reward hard work — in positive ways — to help your brain automate good habits.